The Children Defense Fund Freedom School Program provides summer academic and cultural enrichment activities that help children fall in love with reading, increases their self-esteem, and generates more positive attitudes toward learning.
Children are taught using a model curriculum that supports children and families around five essential components:
• High-quality academic enrichment
• Parent and family involvement
• Civic engagement and social action
• Inter-generational leadership development
• Nutrition, health, and mental health