Reinas y Diamantes was created by Corin Garcia. A seasoned professional with experience owning a modeling and etiquette school, Corin is a real estate investor and an avid fitness trainer. After investing in Trenton, New Jersey, via real estate for more than 15 years, she decided to make Trenton her home in 2014. Corin has always referred to the women in her life as queens, Reinas, and their family and children as diamantes (diamonds). Five years ago, she decided to give her programs and initiative a name, so Reinas y Diamantes seemed to fit best. Reinas y Diamantes was born out of her volunteer work in the community.
Reinas y Diamantes’ mission is to support, celebrate, and empower women so they and their families can live healthy and vibrant lives. Reinas y Diamantes is a driver for diversity and inclusion and is firmly committed to creating opportunities for individuals and families in the Trenton and Mercer County areas. They believe in creating space and opportunities for diversity and inclusion. Among its offering are (1) Reinas y Diamantes Connections, (2) The Little Diamonds Chef, (3) Diamantes Senior Fitness, (4) Mujeres in Power, and (4) the Diamantes Academic Program.
Vision and Objective
Reinas y Diamantes seeks to empower members of the community so they may thrive and shine.
Reinas y Diamantes is a driver for diversity and inclusion and is firmly committed to creating opportunities for individuals and families in the Trenton and Mercer County areas. We believe in creating space and opportunities for diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective.
For more information:
Reinas y Diamantes connects individuals and families to resources, provides programs to increase wellness, and facilitates children’s educational initiatives. Reinas y Diamantes programs model different approaches to fostering connections.
- The Reinas y Diamantes Connections program partners with area organizations to promote health and wellness for individuals and families, and economic opportunities for small businesses.
- The Little Diamonds Chef provides children ages 4 to 13 a summer virtual camp free of charge, with offerings that include nutritional cooking classes, art, an academic enrichment program, and other activities.
- The Diamantes Senior Fitness is designed for homebound seniors. It offers virtual low-impact physical activities.
- Mujeres in Power is a recognition and award initiative to highlight, recognize, and celebrate women leaders in the Mercer County community. Donations from the event go primarily to Breast Cancer research. Each year, one woman fighting cancer in Guatemala is identified and is awarded funds to help with health care.
- The Diamantes Academic Program aims to help children grow, learn, and play while they improve their academic performance. Our program serves children entering second grade and ages 7 to 13. We promote literacy skills, art, healthy lifestyles, social skills, and service to the community. This program is sponsored by NJ-OFBI (Office of Faith Base Initiatives).
Shiloh-Diamante After-School Program
Shiloh CDC and Reinas y Diamantes is partnering to offer The Diamond Academic Program, sponsored by NJ-OFBI (Office of Faith Base Initiatives). The program is offering after-school services for children attending second through eighth grade. The elements of the program include structured activities for groups of students. Homework help and tutoring is central to the program. Recreational (e.g., games, free play, etc.), enrichment activities (e.g., arts, technology, sports, etc.) is offered daily. The program is overseen by an adult and expects regular attendance. Activities include health and nutrition education, and opportunities for literacy and educational development. A snack is provided to each student.
The after-school program is offered five days per week for three hours per day with typically 30-45 minutes of homework help or tutoring alongside 30-45 minutes of enrichment and recreation time.