This page is updated monthly with job posting in the Tri-State area.
Manpower has the following job opening in Hamilton:
v Job Title: Store Associate
v Job Duties: shipping, unpacking boxes, must be able to lift 20-25 lbs, sorting and placing products on the floor, making courtesy calls to customers so you must have a good friendly speaking voice, light cleaning, Retail experience is preferred;
v Dress Code: black pants, top with no logos,
v Pay Rate: $12.50
v Work Week: Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays
v Duration: Temporary position till approximately 9/9/17 but may be extended
v Must pass a background and drug test
Please contact Manpower today at 609-393-7775 if you are interested in the above position.
Shiloh Baptist Church
Job Title: Associate Pastor Youth & Adult
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Office of the Pastor
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Establish a God-inspired, compelling vision of a young adult ministry with the capability of creating and executing a long-term vision to develop and grow Shiloh’s youth ministry and emerging young adult ministry. This position will work closely with the young adult leadership team and other informal young adult groups (within the Church and outside the community) in an empowering fashion to attract and retain a consistently growing cadre of new and returning members ages 18 to approximately 40 years of age.
At present, Shiloh has active youth and teen ministries, and an emerging young adult ministry organized by a team of young adults. The Associate Pastor will further develop these ministries with a primary focus on young adults 18-40 in the areas of; worship, Christian education, and discipleship, fellowship, service to the community and the world, outreach and evangelism. Essential responsibilities include:
- To further develop the quality and effectiveness of the youth ministry by;
- Raising the profile of the youth ministry in the life of the church.
- Recruiting and training a strong team of volunteer leaders and teachers.
- Implementing high-quality instructional materials.
- Preaching on a regular basis at young adult-specific worship services/events (day, time, (frequency to be determined) and preaching during regular SBC services to ensure there is a marriage of “regular” Shiloh and “young adult” Shiloh ministries;
- Providing mentoring support for the efforts of the young adult leadership team in growing the ministry;
- Providing counseling and spiritual direction to youth and young adults on an individual basis;
- Maintain contact with parents and guardians of youth, keeping them informed of on-going activities, ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement;
- Assist in the development and oversight of budgets for both youth and young adult ministries, and managing fees for events and trips in a timely fashion;
- Integrating youth and young adult ministries into all phases of church life to create a culture that is multi-generational, uniting with and complementing other church ministries;
- Conducts periodic assessment and evaluation of the assigned ministries to ensure effectiveness and make necessary course corrections; and
- Other Duties as assigned by the Executive Pastor include but not limited to:
- Regularly attending worship services, prayer services, and special meetings.
- Conducting weekly meetings with the Executive Pastor so she may provide encouragement, direction, and support and challenge the Associate Pastor for Youth & Young Adult toward a deeper spiritual life.
- Presenting periodic ministry updates to the Joint Board and at quarterly church meetings.
- Staying current on youth and young adult issues by reading, networking, attending conferences, etc.
- Seek and act upon feedback on job performance on a regular basis from the Executive Pastor, Senior Pastor and others with whom you interact, and engage in a formal evaluation with the Executive Pastor as outlined by Shiloh Church Policy.
- Performing other duties as assigned for the advancement of the church as assigned by the Executive Pastor.
Required education and experience
- Has a heart for young people, and at least 3-5 years of experience in direct service and ministry to youth and/or young adults in and outside of the church community;
- Has a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Divinity, Theology and or any area of religious study or currently enrolled in a program, i.e. eligible for ordination – Master’s degree preferred
- Gifted and called to ministry with an emphasis on youth and young adults, with a passion for evangelism, outreach and service;
- Capable of creating and executing a long-term vision for the development and grow Shiloh’s youth ministry and emerging young adult ministry. He/she has demonstrated doing strategy development at other churches/organizations;
- “Tech savvy” and capable of leveraging current social media platforms to engage youth and young adults;
- Good administrative skills and an attention to detail and/or strong delegation skills;
- Engaging teacher with a strong biblical and theological background, consistent with Shiloh’s Articles of Faith;
- Exhibits good multi-generational communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to converse in Spanish would be a plus; and
- Has an understanding and fluency in dealing with cultural differences both within the church and in the surrounding urban community (note: experience with the African/immigrant community(ies) would be a plus).
Travel – Tri-State area
Please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/drop them off at the Front Office of the Shiloh Baptist Church at 340 S. Howard Woodson Way, Trenton, NJ 08618.
Application Deadline Date: Monday, October 16th 2017